We have all arrived at the stage where the relationship starts to fall apart...
I have so much to say when I first came home.
Now it seems like a dagger's piercing through my throat,
feeling the pain and yet couldn't utter a word.
It is easy for one to say that a couple should never fail to communicate.
We all know it.
But talk is cheap, isn't it?
We've all grown so comfortable with each other we forget how we first started.
We assume that our partner knows us well enough the things we want, and our expectations become limitless.
I forgot the times I had a good quality talk with my boyf.
I forgot how we could talk on the phone, through the night until one of us gets too tired to continue.
I forgot how it was like to be looked after and pampered.
I constantly see myself as a teacher, everywhere I go,
with my pupils, with my cousins, and sometimes even with my boyf.
The anxiety and worries for them is always in me, that I should always be responsible for them.
These sometimes, come too huge for me to take it alone.
Because I am just a girl-next-door. I am no superwoman.
I cannot be doing my job 24/7 a week. No one can.
The only source of comfort right now appears to be my colleagues who share the same profession as me.
The time spent with them is the only time we could strip that title off us.
It is the only time we are not reminded of we are, but a normal human being with the need to go crazy and high too. I love the feeling of endless talks and laughters after a week of handwork, with people who truly care, and those with a big heart to listen.
The past 10 weeks of practicum (together with 10 crazy observations) were insane, but I am glad I have embraced it. WELL DONE!
It has been an enriching and fulfilling journey for me, and I'm glad I have made a wonderful bunch of colleagues together with the trainees. This practicum wouldn't have been more perfect without them around.
Now that I have ORD-ed as a trainee and into a beginning teacher (BT), I am ready to take up the challenges ahead. I know this is going to be a tough battle, especially having to juggle with full and part-time work, piano and a half-dying relationship. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that one will never reap fruits without labor.
A person who does not try will never succeed.
A person who tries will succeed one day.
Now that things have come to this stage, I could only wait for a 'miracle' to happen.
It's hard to predict how things would be like in the next few weeks before our taiwan trip, but we certainly look forward to it.
Time shall be the last issue that breaks a relationship, because with good time management, everything is possible.
Enough said.
No comments:
Post a Comment