I think it's true that many who are taking a degree overseas DO NOT appreciate the privilege of being able to study in a foreign land, while others could only dream of it.
By that, I'm referring to myself (someone who could only dream).
I've never thought of travelling elsewhere to obtain a degree simply because my family could not afford that. More so, my passion allows me to build up my foundation here in my motherland. Therefore, there is no conflict as to whether I should stay or leave.
However, I'm very disturbed and annoyed by the fact that people around me who are currently studying overseas complaining about their life there.
i.e.
the number of pages to study for an examination.
the lack of family love.
the amount of assignments given.
the word count required for each report.
Perhaps, I could understand if they were to mention their cravings for the local food.
OR
the absence of the winter season in Singapore; they do not have to freeze at home.
I think these are the people who are fortunate enough to be in a family where they can be given what they want. Sadly, they are also the group of people who would take a long time to grow and mature...
Moreover, I think they'd forgotten that they are enrolled into a degree course, and not a diploma study. That could have also explained why these people are not qualified in the local system.
THEY LACK THE RIGHT ATTITUDE.
If I'm given the opportunity to study in the States/Australia/UK, I'll perform my utmost best because that should be the sole purpose and reason for leaving one's homeland and loved ones behind...
As an adult, there is no room for us to behave like a child anymore.
To end off,
" Quit whining and start putting your heart and time onto the things you've been spending time whining about... "
No comments:
Post a Comment