Monday, December 30, 2013

Fate or coincidence?

I am surprised that I've contributed to someone else's happiness this December.
Still remember months ago, when I left my relationship and was feeling torn apart,
I spoke to this man - he too left his relationship of 3 years.
Both shattered, we shared the same goal in life.
To forget about our past and move on.
Then, somehow, we lost contact.
We found out soon later, that we have patched back to our respective partners again.
We were madly in love, thinking we would work out.
Of course, those were just our silly thoughts.
A few months later, we randomly texted and I remembered him asking me about my Dec plans.
At that time, I remembered my ex telling me how he busy he was, and it was impossible for us to travel.
So I replied him saying that I don't have a plan, perhaps spending time with my family and friends.
He replied almost instantly, and rather casually, that I will be spending time with him, because he is my friend! I agreed. Soon, we did not contact again. I assumed both of us were sinking into our love boats and couldn't bother much about this platonic friendship we have.

Months past and it was October. I finally made up my mind to leave this relationship.
It was a lousy relationship. There is nothing that I wish for it to remain.
I've woken up from my self-denial, to realize that the kind of relationship I once had was so horrible.
Any other guy that I'm dating today, is far better than the one that I had.
Thank God we're over.

The day I ended my relationship, it was a gloomy Friday.
Godma spent the day with me, comforting me and assuring me that I am being wise.
During that period, I constantly questioned my decision.
At times, I almost wanted to give him a call to say how much I've missed him.
At other times, I wish he would just disappear in my life forever.
But today, I hardly remember anything about him, other than his name.
To say that I've completely forgotten about him, it is a lie.
But for a fact, I know that I've moved on completely.
He has been entirely erased off.

A few weeks passed by, and he texted again.
He asked if I would like to go on a cruise with my bf as he couldn't make it.
There, I realize that he had also left his girlfriend!
After much prompting, we found out that it was just 4 days apart.
Is this God's doing, fate, or pure coincidence?
We didn't attempt to reconnect after our loss, I guess we were both healing.
But some things brought us together again.

Just recently, I found out that he has made a similar purchase during the same period.
We had set our eyes on the same brand LED Smart TV and had bought it with warranty extension at the same COURTS!
We were also sent to the same marking centres this year, of which I could vividly remember,
on the first day when I first got down from my car, he appeared.
At that time, on that day, I was single, he was attached.
On the third day, we crossed roads again during dismissal.
We were both single but no one uttered a word.

We have spent many wonderful and happy days together this December.
Just as I thought it would be dreadful and boring especially with my cousins at New Zealand,
God sent an angel to accompany me through this last month of the year.

Last night, I spent 3 hours alone at Jurong Hill.
I've thought through the major events that happened this year.
I smiled, because I know I've become so much stronger after all the tests I've been through.
Just as I was driving out, he texted me and we chatted.
And when I was about to leave, he asked if I was already home.
There were too much coincidences between us, I find it indescribable.

We have also agreed to spend the last day of 2013 together... heading for countdown which I'm highly anticipating the arrival of this day.
Not sure where 2014 is going to lead me, but with him, I feel safe and secured.

Is this a rebound or love?

Both of us are leaving it to God to decide for us. Right now, we're happy and positive about life. We agree to stand by each other in times of needs, and he promises that I can always count on him.
Whether a not we'll be together in future, I thank God for sending such an awesome person in my life.

Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment